What is the difference between web design and web development?
Web design and web development are often used interchangeably, but this is incorrect, they are separate disciplines. Design is exactly that, the design of the web page. This includes visual elements, colours, images and graphics, and the layout of the page. The design is focused on catching the attention of a potential customer. All of our designs come outfitted with mobile friendly websites.
Conversely, development is focused on complex tasks on the backend (behind the scenes) of your website. Through the use of varying technologies, your website will be functional and interactive.
Will I be aware of the total cost before work commences?
Yes. You will receive a quote with how long your project will take, including the total cost. There will be no surprise charges. Any work that goes beyond the scope of the quote and contract will be billed extra at an hourly rate.
Do I pay before or after the work is completed?
We require a non-refundable deposit of 30%. The remaining 70% is required after your product is published.
Am I responsible for any applicable taxes?
If your business is located in Canada, yes. Any companies outside of Canada are not required to pay taxes.
Am I required to sign a contract?
No work will start by Digital Ciphers Media before we receive your signature, or by a representative from your company.
I found a better deal with another agency, can you price match?
We will price match our competitors by 10%. Please email us their quote and we will get back with you.
Does this include website revisions?
We will not charge extra for revisions that are within the scope of the original contract.